Friday, December 14, 2012

12/14/12 A Day of Great Sadness

Today an unspeakable horror took place in a place I know so well. A classroom much like my own, a school much like my own and a community much like my own. There isn't a teacher who would not protect our students' lives with their own as I'm sure a teacher and other staff members did today in Sandy Hook Elementary. The best schools are like big extended families. Everyone watches the children grow up. We celebrate the small moments everyday. We give hugs. We give high fives and we comfort children through tears. I pray for this community. I pray for the families. I pray for all of us returning to school on Monday. May we have a renewed sense of the value of all lives and take joy in every moment we are given to be together. Sarah Tharpe Winchell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover