Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Cat in the Hat Day Nine of Ten Days of Technology for First Grade

I love pbskids.org for so many different reasons. The site is child friendly and the games are appealing to the children. Many of our beloved story characters have homes there such as Arthur and Curious George to name just two of many. There are a variety activities to teach all areas of the Common Core and Science. I have a direct link to several pbskids.org websites on my class website. The children can easily navigate and go to the websites that I feel most closely match what we are doing in class. Recently I was thrilled to see that The Cat in the Hat site has been jazzed up for Christmas! The Cat in the Hat series has a science focus that I find refreshing for children, teachers and parents. The children can choose from a variety of games, printables, music videos and many other activities. You can also take part in The Cat in the Hat Math Safari. There is so much to see, do and learn about through out the site. My hat is off to pbskids.org!
Freebie Fridays

Check it out,

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog I like PBS kids as well. I'll have to check out the Cat in The Hat! I am a new follower.
    Tammy
    First Grade @ Storybook Cafe
    dtklinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover